To keep everyone who loves me up to date, Mommy and Daddy have decided to document every day of the rest of my life with this blog....

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bath by Brody

I had a pretty good night with Mommy on Friday night only giving her trouble when I decided to poop twice at 4 am:-)  I even stayed in bed and slept all of Saturday morning and didn't get up until the afternoon when Daddy gave me a bath.  My oxygen level was high and my heart rate was nice and low.

Daddy watched me on Saturday night and I was pretty good except for the 11pm and 5am poop!  I went through 3 pairs of pj's which kept Daddy very busy!  Today started out like Saturday with me sleeping a lot, but my heart rate was high all morning. The sun was shining in on me so Finnegan decided to take a nice nap with me.

















Then this afternoon I woke up so Mommy decided to give me a bath and Brody even decided to help wash me too!


















The bath helped me get some congestion up which seemed to go on for hours.  From about 3:30 to 5pm I coughed up congestion and Mommy helped suction it out.  When I finally started to relax she put me in my new chair and hooked me up to my pulse-ox to check my stats and my heart rate was high and my oxygen was in the low 80s and upper 70's which isn't good considering I was on 6 liters of oxygen.

She turned up my oxygen and that didn't help at all.  Daddy came in to try and help but not position change or suctioning seemed to get me oxygen up.  Finally Mommy turned on the shower and we sat for 20 minutes in a very steamy bathroom.  Once they hooked me back up my oxygen was a little better so Mommy decided to hold me and my oxygen slowly went up to a safer level.

I am resting in my crib now and still on a high concentration of oxygen.  I am pretty worn out from that episode so hopefully I get a chance to rest tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment