To keep everyone who loves me up to date, Mommy and Daddy have decided to document every day of the rest of my life with this blog....

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Soaked Mommy!

Mommy was too sleepy to help me post last night so we are catching up today!  I've had a fever off and on over the past two days.  I had a pretty good Sunday night and I wasn't on my best behavior for Joy in the morning on Monday but I made up for it in the afternoon.

My hospice nurse Carol stopped by on Monday after my bath and we are going to see if another oxygen face mask might work better since I seem to breath mostly through my mouth and my nasal cannula only goes into my nose.  That may be one reason why I am needing so much oxygen.  When Mommy got home I was still asleep but I decided to wake up as soon as Joy left and just in time for dinner.  Luckily Daddy got home and they took turns taking care of me while the other ate dinner with Brody.

Mommy decided to hold me in the rocking chair and read to me and see if that could get my heart rate down.



















After holding me for about 20 minutes she felt something warm in her lap.  I had been holding it all day and finally decided to go pee!  My diaper could not keep up and I ended up soaking my pants along with Mommy's pants too.  It was a big mess:-)  Everything else seemed to fall into place after that and I fell asleep in my crib.

My night with my nurse Beth was great until about 5 am when I decided to poop TWICE!  But, again it made me feel so much better and I fell fast asleep afterwards.

Today was more of the same with a pretty good day and a few rough patches.  Overall I am doing much better than before my medicine increase but I am needing much more oxygen to maintain a somewhat normal oxygen percentage.  Massage day tomorrow with my therapist Neala!

No comments:

Post a Comment