To keep everyone who loves me up to date, Mommy and Daddy have decided to document every day of the rest of my life with this blog....

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thank you and goodnight

It has been two weeks and about 7 hours since Dan and I said goodbye and I love you to Tessa knowing that she could hear us.  I've done it every night since then but can only hope my little girl can still hear me somehow.

Last Tuesday, March 13, 2012, Dan, our parents and I were able to see Tessa for the last time.  We held her and kissed her trying to memorize exactly what it felt like knowing we were never going to get another chance.  I can still see that exact image of her beautiful face with her eyes closed and our noses pressed together giving butterfly kisses.  It was so hard to let her go and to walk away but we wrapped her up tight in her pink blanket and told her favorite stuffed piggy to protect her.

Later that afternoon we had a beautiful ceremony for Tessa at her house by our Hospice Chaplin Elizabeth with our parents, Aunt Marie and Uncle John, all of Tessa's nurses (Joy, Ines, Tiffany, Darlene, Beth, Heather and Paula), Tessa's special babysitter Marsha, Tessa's favorite doctor (Dr. Jason Gien) and of course Brody and furry brother Finnegan.



















Tessa had such amazing and wonderful people caring for her and I am sure that gave her the strength, courage and desire to fight for each day she gave to us.  Tessa loved each and every one of you and we would like to thank you for your dedication and the love you gave to her.  We would also like to thank the Hospice staff Lynda, Carole and Haley who made sure Tessa had the best care and everything she needed.

The outpouring of love and support we have received over the last two weeks has been overwhelming. To read all the emails, blog comments, texts, cards and facebook messages  has really given us the strength to keep going.  We want thank everyone for their generous donations to the Children's Hospital in Tessa's name.  And everyone who sent flowers, gifts, food and offered mass and prayers for Tessa, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

The Sunday after Tessa died (March 11th), our block neighbors on Krameria St. woke up early to tie white ribbons in honor of Tessa on all the trees that line the street of our block.  It was a beautiful sight to behold and brought tears to my eyes when I saw it and makes me cry now just thinking about it.  It just amazes me to know how many lives Tessa touched and I am so proud to be her mother.






I really miss sitting down every night next to my little girl and writing about her day in this blog.  I am so thankful for making the decision to do this documentary of Tessa's life because now I have so many wonderful pictures and memories to look back on and remember my time with her.  Thank you all for reading and taking part in Tessa's life story.


1 comment:

  1. It has been two weeks since the loss of your loving daughter, Tessa. She left this earth carrying so much love and is now in a place where the sun always shines, enabling her to grow and develop; pain and suffering are non-entities. Memories nourish and comfort her as she will be forever watched over with tenderness- bathed by your tears, embraced by your thoughts, cuddled by your love. My deepest sympathy for your loss. A small donation has been made to the Children's hospital in Tessa's name.
    (S/J, friends of your parents in NJ)

    ReplyDelete