To keep everyone who loves me up to date, Mommy and Daddy have decided to document every day of the rest of my life with this blog....

Friday, March 2, 2012

Ups and Downs

I've been riding a vitals roller coaster the last few days.  On Wednesday night I had a pretty scary episode with my nurse Heather.  After my midnight dose of phenobarbital, my oxygen plummeted really low and my respirations (breaths per minute) were in the low teens and my heart rate was very hight.  I went really limp and no position change seemed to bring me back to a safe zone.  Daddy even got up to see if he could help and the only thing that seemed to help was time.

We think it may have been because of a high level of phenobarbital in my system since we gave me some extra doses to help with the bad seizures I was having 24-hours beforehand.  My extra doses of morphine and valium are helping to keep me calm and keep the spastic seizures to a minimum.  My heart rate goes up and then goes back down all day along with my oxygen.  I still haven't been able to be on less than 2 liters of O2 and sometimes I can be on as high as 8 liters depending on what is going on.

Mommy and Daddy are on their own this weekend since we don't have the help of my wonderful nurses. It is hard for both of them but it lets everyone get some good one-on-one time to spend with me.  Mommy is on Friday night duty with me and I am going to try my hardest to let her get a few hours of sleep, otherwise she can be a real grouch:-)


1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you this weekend and hope that you're hangin' tough (as the New Kids on the Block would say :) )

    ReplyDelete